To inspire and empower a generation. I believe that the…
I took the photo above on my recent trip to New York with the family.
Which one is more important – attitude, communication or outcomes? Is one more important than the other? Do we all respond in different ways? I’m sure there’s someone who has actually spent more than a few meetings in agency-land thinking about this and done some study. But I asked the question to my Facebook friends and got some solid responses – what is yours?
Attitude to me was the key here – and I find myself more and more coming back to it. Being open, positive and always looking for opportunities to grow, change and develop. I think attitude goes a long way in relationship building, is a fairly major basis of communication and can often change perceived value of outcomes. Furthermore, a good attitude can be the saving grace of not meeting an outcome.
And sure, while they are all inter-linked, I think it’s a bit of useful navel gazing.
We need to remember we’re people. And we want relationships. Whether with ourselves, our partner, our family, our work and the world around us.
Our very context is built on the way we interact with our world.
What is more important, attitude, communication or outcomes?
The comments from my friends.
- But your attitude whilst communicating will determine the outcome :) Its an intertwined vicious circle.
- Attitude, without the right attitude your communications will never be delivered properly. If your communications are off your outcomes are gonna be screwed. :D
- Id say attitude
- you need the first 2, to get a “good” outcome, tricky question
- If you want the money, it’s all about the outcome. If you want the girl, it’s the attitude.If you want the friend, it’s the communication..
- You can’t always control or take credit for the outcome.
- attitude… Everyone has one
- introduce beer into the equation and all three cease to matter at around 2am.
- Comms. It’t the basis of your attitude and your outcome…. (Phil Ohren)