Just announced: Vodafone and Last.fm today announced a partnerships that…
12 Australia social media statistics
The guys at Hitwise have released 12 things you need to know about Facebook (Australia) – which is a round up of 12 interesting and useful Australian social media statistics.
Fire up your PowerPoint and Keynotes and get your slide-jockey on. Here are my favourites.
1. Facebook is the second most popular website visited by Australians after Google.com.au, accounting for 7.83% of all visits in the month of September 2010 but is the most popular website for Australian’s aged 18-24, with 8.97% of visits for the four weeks ending 2 October2010 just ahead of Google.com.au’s 8.96%.
2. Facebook’s share of page views represents almost 1 in 5 pages viewed by Australians during September 2010. Facebook’s 19.3% of all page views swamps Google.com.au’s 7.4% share of page views.
5. Facebook is the number one search term in each of the major search engines used by Australians – Google.com.au, Google.com, Bing.com and Yahoo! With variations of Facebook, including ‘face book’,’ facebook login’ and ‘fb’, search terms for Facebook accounted for 4.4% of all successful searches in the 4 weeks ending 2 October 2010.
8. Over one in nine visits to all other websites directly after a visit to Facebook. Facebook accounts for 11.3% of all upstream traffic to other websites visited by Australian Internet users. This makes it the second largest source of traffic behind Google.com.au (31.7%) and well ahead of ninemsn that generates 3.8%.
9. Facebook’s share of Australian’s visits to all websites has increased 6-fold over the past three years and continues to capture more and more of Australian’s online focus , having increased its share of visits by 29.2% in the past year.
10. South Australian’s are the highest users of Facebook, when compared to the Australian online population, reflecting a 10% higher propensity to visit Facebook. NSW generates 32.1% of all Australian based visits to Facebook, on par with the online population profile.