Top social media blogs around the world It's always nice…
to write, muse, dream, strategise, and scream about social media and the online digital industry
If you’ve been following my blog for the past few weeks, you would have noticed a lot of change, not only in style, but in functionality. So I thought I’d take a minute to look back at what has been discussed and what is to come.
- Design: after an overwhelming vote to a white background, new content flow, fresh design, and pretty pictures to come;
- Hosting: I’m moving this site to a new host. I’ll give everyone a heads up on when this will be happening in case I have any down time;
- Digg: Very happy to say my recent article on social media and visualisation received over 330 diggs and counting;
- RSS: I recently switched my RSS provider to Feedburner so I can learn more about you guys (highly reccomended to any web admin);
- Stats: I also (and very ashamedly) began using Google Analytics this week. It’ll take some time to reach critical mass for trend watching, but will give more flexibility over the much respected WP-Stats.
And on the content side..
- jyesmith.com is actually now being edited. No longer will you have to interpret my typographical errors, erratic rant blunders and grammar that would make Gilbert Grape look smart. Stay tuned – I’ll be introducing the editor formally at another time.
And perhaps the biggest change..
- Music will be leaving jyesmith.com – I want this blog to be focused on digital media, and I want my audience to know I’m listening. I will continue to write about music – it’s something I could never stop doing - but I’ll do that at my band’s website (after its redevelopment). More on that shortly.
And most of all I wanted to say thank you to everyone who drops by. The numbers are growing each and every day and it’s been a real inspiration to chat with you all online and offline and to hear your comments. And my subscribers – well, I want to eat you guys.
This blog will be an extension of a bigger project I’m working on. It was originally going to be renamed, but I want to commit to delivering my perspective, and not that of other projects. I’ll also be starting a video blog channel.
I’ll continue to write, muse, dream, strategise, and scream about social media and the online digital industry through A Digital Perspective.