My uncle is lucky enough to live across the road…
Big shout out to Age for this posting this fabulous video. A great insight into the web as we know it, and we will know it, in the next 5000 days. Also a great explanation of what the ‘semantic web’ really means.
we need to get good at believing in the impossible
For me, the most interesting point was about the social media sites (at 14:25)
Kabillion social sites on the web, and each time you go there you have to tell it who you and your friends, you should just have to do that once.. and it shouldn’t be that way, you should be automatically able to identify who your friends are, and the relationships and networks between those people..you should just carry the data with you.
I don’t want to wait 5000 days. I want that now – maybe OpenID is a start. Has the age of the semantic web started?
- the internet isn’t even 5000 days old: it’s amazing, yet we don’t find it amazing
- The Future: just one machine
- Embodying the internet
- Cloud computing via one machine
- Becoming one media platform (telephone integration is the start of this)
- “The person who bought the first fax machine is an idiot because there’s nobody else to fax to – but they are an evangelist”
- The is restructuring; the semantic web
- Kabillion (no shit, he uses the word) social sites, and it shouldn’t be that way, you should be automatically able to identify who your friends are.
- We are going to be the machine
- Not just the web, but only better
- It’s going to be smarter (anticipation); personalised (it will know us)
- The price will be transparency
- Become more ubiquitous
- It’s a unity that is starting to emerge: “the one”